Is it just me or when I see ‘Capsule Wardrobe’, I see, black, white, grey and nude with the occasional splash of navy blue and a ravishing red and suddenly feel the need to ditch everything I own and splurge on a designer plain white t-shirt!
Thankfully, I’ve decided on a solution to avoid the splurge, and still build my perfect wardrobe!
- Stop spending – you’ve got to be strict on yourself and to say “I’m not spending another dime on any item of clothing at all!” This doesn’t just mean tops and jeans, but underwear, coats, jackets, scarves – everything!
- Start outfit planning – I work away from home during the week and am forced to outfit plan for each of the 5 days. This has been a huge insight into how repetitive I’ve been when choosing outfits, and it has encouraged me to start mixing up my outfits.
- Categorise – slowly as you start planning you will automatically start organising your wardrobe which in the long run helps you to design better outfits.
- Throw away – any item of clothing that is beyond repair (too many holes or threads hanging out) get rid of it, BUT do not replace it! You have plenty more socks in your draw ready to be used instead.
- Donate /Sell – items that definitely don’t want and/or do not (and will not in the future) fit into anymore go into the donate or sell pile. Dependant on how charitable you are feeling/ how much time you have to sell clothes, you can choose where they wish to go.
Wish me luck!
Feature image sourced from: http://www.shefinds.com/collections/the-best-hangers-for-all-the-clothing-in-your-closet/
Image in text: sourced from Pinterest, credit: unknown.